Word play is a literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject of the work, primarily for the purpose of intended effect or amu百度竞价推广ent. Examples of word play include puns, phonetic mix-ups such as spoonerisms, obscure words and meanings, clever rhetorical excursions, oddly formed sentences.
文字游戏是一种文学技法,也是一种幽默表达的形式,它将文字本身作为表达的主体,主要为了制造特殊的成效或诙谐逗趣。文字游戏包含双关语,谐音词,首音误置,词性或词义含混,机智的修辞延宕,结构怪异的句子等形式。
Word play is not only educational but it's also hilarious! A mix-up of names and an entertaining way to use words, everyone will find something amongst these great word play jokes.
文字游戏不只具备教育意义,而且很诙谐幽默。这类杂糅的名词和用词汇的趣味方法组成的有趣的词汇游戏会让每一个人都有所收成。
1.Thank you to all my fans.
感谢我所有些粉。
笑点分析:fan既有“粉”的意思,又有“电扇”的意思。
2.MEN to the left because WOMEN are always right.
男性请往左行,由于女性一直往右行。
笑点分析:right既有“右侧”的意思,又有“正确”的意思。所将来半句话亦可理解为“……由于女性永远是正确的。”
3.Your brain has two parts:
你的大脑有两个部分:
left right.
左脑和右脑
Your left brain has nothing right,
你的左脑里没右脑的东西,
Your right brain has nothing left.
你的右脑里没左脑的东西。
笑点分析:right同上;left作形容词时意为左侧的,作leave的过去分词用时意为剩下的。所将来面两句还可以理解为“你的左脑里没一点正确的东西,你的右脑里什么也不剩。”(我才不会直接说你笨呢)。
4. You thought this post would be funny?
你以为这个帖子会非常搞笑?
I'm a frayed knot.
我是一只磨损的绳结。
笑点分析:I'm a frayed knot.(我是一只磨损的绳结。)和I'm afraid not.(我不这么觉得)两句话听上去一模一样,所以这段话在字音上也可以理解为“你以为这个帖子会非常搞笑?——我不这么觉得。”
5.once a German, a Frenchman and a Japanese went to work on a mine hill. Their boss said to the German: "You will be responsible for physical work". He told the Frenchman: "You will take the duty of planning for mining". Then he turned to the Japanese: "You will be responsible for supplies."
以前有一个德国人,一个法国人,一个日本人一块去一个矿山工作。他们的老板对德国人说,“你来负责体力活。”,又对法国人说,“你负责开采工作的准备。”然后他转向日本人,“你负责提供。”
A few days later, the German and the Frenchman found that the Japanese disappeared. They decided to search for him when the Japanese jumped out all of a sudden and shouted: "Supplies"!
几天后德国人和法国人发现日本人不见了。他们决定把他找到,没想到日本人突然跳出来,喊道“提供!”
笑点分析:日系风格英语中常把卷舌音/r/和边音/l/混淆。所以日本人误以为老板要他负责的是surprise(惊喜)而不是supplies(物资提供)。