Hacking Your Language Study
巧学习英语
My favourite tricks focus on the aspects of English that are very easy to master, and I develop ways around the parts of English that are “hard” to understand. Usually, it's not the language itself that's “hard”, but your method for studying might be causing the language to seem more challenging. If you look at those challenges in a new light then they can become much easier!
英语学习的秘诀中,我最喜欢的最易学会,最“难”理解的部分我会重点击破。通常来讲,语言本身并不“难”,“难”的是学习的办法不对,会让所有努力事倍功半。假如你换一个角度看这类难题,它们就会变得简单多了。
Simple Rules for Pronouncing ~ed
~ed的发音规则
One of my favourite pronunciation hacks for English learners is how to properly pronounce ~ed.
这是我最喜欢的英语发音绝招之一,即正确发出~ed这个音。
In my experience this is one of the most obvious parts of a foreign accent. Luckily, it's also one of the easiest to fix. Learning the right way to say ~ed can have a huge impact on your accent. But best of all it is very easy to learn.
以我的经验来看,这个部分的发音错误最明显,不过这个部分也是最易纠正的。怎么样正确发出~ed对你的英语口语有重大影响。最非常重要的还是它纠正起来最最简单。
There are only three possible ways to pronounce this, and the rules are consistent:
~ed只有三种发音,它可不像其他英语发音千变万化,它的发音规则是有迹可循的:
Rule1: After a d or t, pronounce it as [d].
规则1:跟在d或者t后面,请发[d].
In English, it's not possible to say a t and d sound immediately after each other, so we add in the vowel sound. Do this in words like wanted, painted, ended, admitted, suggested, started, etc.
英语中 t 和 d 连在一块不可能直接发这两个音,所以两者之间需要加一个元音。将这个规则用在如下单词:wanted, painted, ended, admitted, suggested, started等。
Rule2: After the sounds p, f, s, ch, sh and k, pronounce it as [t].
规则2:假如~ed跟在p,f,s,ch,sh和k之后,请将它发成[t]。
These sounds cannot be followed by a d in English, so the sound changes to a [t]. Do this in words like sTOPped, laughed , finished, and walked.
以上一连串的字母不能直接接d,所以需要变音为[t]。请发音如下单词: sTOPped, laughed , finished, 与 walked。
Rule3: In all other cases, pronounce it as [d].
规则3:其他的状况下,ed发音为[d]
Take care not to pronounce the e sound in ~ed here: just pronounce the [d]. Try it in the words imagined, cleaned, enjoyed, cried, and allowed.
请注意,不要将~ed中的e真的发出来,发[d]就好。请尝试朗读如下单词:imagined, cleaned, enjoyed, cried, and allowed
The Position of Your Mouth
注意口型
Another way to remember this is to think of the position of your mouth in the part of the word before the ~ed.
还有一种办法,记住发~ed音的时候你的口型是什么样的。
For the first rule, notice that d and t are both sounds created by putting your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Because they're in nearly the same spot, it's hard to move between them without adding in a vowel! Try it out.
对规则1来讲,要发出d和t两个音,都需要将舌头顶住上腭,发音地方近乎一致。所以要连续发这两个音是非常困难的,需要要在中间加一个元音!目前再发音尝试一下吧。
For the second rule, all but one of the sounds is made by putting your lips or teeth together.
对于规则2,所有些音都需要嘴唇或者牙齿闭合。
For the third rule, most of the sounds have either a hummed sound or an open, vowel position prior to the ~ed.
规则3,跟在~ed之前,大多数的音都跟“哼”的声音非常像,或者是一个开元音的发音地方。
Just remember that certain mouth positions lend themselves to being compensated for with different ways of saying ~ed, and you're good to go!
只须记住一些口型是为了迎合~ed发音而变化的,发准音绝没问题!
And if that is still too confusing?
假如你还是感觉没弄了解的话如何解决?
Then just remember this one rule: for the majority of cases, when you see ~ed, you should pronounce it like [d] . If you use this pronunciation by default when you're not sure, you're most likely to get it right.
只须记住这一条法则就好:大多数状况下,你看到~ed就发音为[d]。假如在你不确定的时候那就这么发音吧,发音正确的概率还是非常高的。
Making English Easy
让英语变得小菜一碟
Even if you only follow this one, easy rule, it will help you with your English pronunciation, and soon enough the looks of confusion on the faces of your English-speaking friends will turn to smiles and nods of understanding.
单单这一个绝招,就能助你提高英语发音。非常快你的外国朋友会舒展脸上疑惑的眉头,一展理解的笑容,频频点头。
This applies to all languages you may be learning, not just English. If you're also learning Spanish, French, German, Italian, or Chinese along with English, you'll find more hacks you can use right away in the FI3M language guides.
不止是英语,对于学习所有些外语这都适用。一旦你学了这几招,语言学习就会快速进步,你就会了解为何英语学习so easy啦!
下面,奉上20个老外表达时的高频句子,熟练运用会叫你的口语更地道哈!
After you.
你先请。
Don’t take it to heart.
别往心里去,别因此而费神。
We’d better be off.
大家该走了。
Let’s face it.
面对现实吧。
Let’s get started.
咱们开始干吧。
I’m really dead.
我真的要累去世了。
I’ve done my best.
我已经尽力了。
Is that so?
真是那样的吗?
Don’t play games with me.
别跟我耍花招。
I don’t know for sure.
我不确切了解。
I’m not going to kid you。
我不是跟你开玩笑的。
That’s something.
太好了,太棒了。
Do you really mean it?
此话当真?
You are a great help.
你帮了大忙了。
I couldn’t be more sure.
我再一定不过了。
I am behind you。
我支持你。
I’m broke.
我身无分文。
Mind you.
请注意!听着!
That depends.
看状况再说。
It’s a deal.
一言为定。